Monday 21 April 2014

2013 Topps Archives Mini Tall Boys Inserts

Here is another insert set that I completely forgot that I had started. The Mini Tall Boy insets in 2013 Topps Archives. 

When looking back at the cards that have caught my eye in recent years, Topps Archives has consistently included cards that fit my collecting habits. In 2012 Topps used the 1980 design in Archives, a set that has a special place in my heart for two reasons; it was the first set of baseball cards that I ever received and it was the first set I completed, with the added bonus that the 1980 design is one of my favourites. Topps has decided to use 1980 design again in 2014 Archives. Guess what I will be collecting in 2014.

The Mini Tall Boys 'subset' uses the oversized Topps Football set design from 1965, known as the 'Tall Boy', a name give because of their size. While regular modern cards measured 2 1/2" x 3 1/2", 'Tall Boys' were 2 1/2" X 4 11/16". 
As the name suggests the 2013 inserts are mini versions measuring a fraction of the 1965 originals.
I will be attempting to collect all 40 cards in the 'subset'.  

MT-AB Albert Pujols
MT-AK Al Kaline
MT-AR Anthony Rizzo
MT-BH Bryce Harper
MT-BP Buster Posey
MT-CK Clayton Kershaw
MT-CR Cal Ripken Jr.
MT-CS Chris Sale
MT-DBU Dylan Bundy
MT-DB Dante Bichette
MT-DC Dave Concepcion
MT-DE Dwight Evans
MT-DF David Freese
MT-DJ Derek Jeter
MT-DM Denny McLain
MT-DP Dave Parker
MT-DS Dave Stewart
MT-DW David Wright
MT-EB Ellis Burks
MT-ED Eric Davis
MT-FL Fred Lynn
MT-FM Fred McGriff
MT-FW Frank White
MT-GG Gio Gonzalez
MT-KG Kirk Gibson
MT-KM Kevin Mitchell
MT-MC Miguel Cabrera
MT-MG Mike Greenwell
MT-MS Mike Schmidt
MT-MT Mike Trout
MT-MW Matt Williams
MT-ON Otis Nixon
MT-RB Ryan Braun
MT-RC Robinson Cano
MT-RD Rob Dibble
MT-RCL Roberto Clemente
MT-SS Stephen Strasburg
MT-WC Will Clark
MT-WM Will Middlebrooks
MT-YC Yoenis Cespedes

No comments:

Post a Comment